On behalf of the Minister for Commerce and Consumer Affairs, The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment is seeking applications from suitably experienced candidates to be a member of the Financial Advice Code Committee (the Committee).
The Committee produces and reviews the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (the Code). The Code sets standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, client care, and competence that apply to all who give financial advice to retail clients.
The Code supports the purposes of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 (the “Act”) including promoting the confident and informed participation of businesses, investors, and consumers in the financial markets, avoiding unnecessary compliance costs, and ensuring the availability and quality of financial advice. The Code is part of a wider regulatory regime for financial advice.
People with the following qualities are sought to fill this vacancy
- Experience giving financial advice in a small or medium sized business
- Experience providing financial or equivalent services digitally
- A consumer perspective i.e. skills and experience in identifying, considering and responding to consumer needs and vulnerabilities or a thorough knowledge of, and skills and experience in relation to, consumer affairs or dispute resolution
- An international perspective i.e. skills and experience in relation to the provision and regulation of financial advice in another country, or a thorough knowledge of current international developments in those areas.
Candidates should also bring:
- experience in areas relevant to the development of the code (e.g. regulatory systems, compliance, behavioural economics, consultation methodologies, organisational change, plain-language writing, ethics or education)
- experience in leadership roles, within an organisation and in an industry-wide context, and
- an ability to work in a collegial, decision-making environment, and to communicate effectively.
This is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the skills and experience the Financial Advisors Code Committee requires at this particular time.
MBIE is committed to considering candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds, including age, gender, ethnicity and geographic locations, to enable the Board to be high-performing.
Candidates wishing to put forward an expression of interest should enclose a copy of their CV and submit a cover letter outlining why they wish to be a member of the Code Committee.
Please refer to the position description for more details.
Applications close on Sunday, 11 September 2022.
For enquiries about the position, please contact email@example.com.
No comments yet.
Sign In to add your comment