Category: Financial Planning/Advisory
Job Title: Financial Adviser
Location: Wellington or Christchurch
Start Date: tbd
Created by Kiwis for Kiwis, Haven has been helping everyday New Zealanders achieve financial freedom for over 13 years. We are one of the largest financial advisories in New Zealand, with a broad and experienced team. What’s most important to us is people, not just numbers, so we’ve created a dedicated team of trusted advisers who help Kiwi’s with some of their pretty important decisions.
About the role
As a Financial Adviser, you will be empowering a broad range of clients by helping them take control of the financial aspects of their lives. Every day you’ll be working with new and existing clients, helping them reach the goals they have for themselves and their families.
Day to day you will:
* help clients guard against the impact of things going wrong through protection planning
* support current Haven clients to review their plans and implement any required changes
* provide advice and support for clients if they need to make a claim
* assist clients to review their KiwiSaver
How you structure your week is up to you; we will support you with full training, tools and resources which free you up to deliver great support and advice to your clients. A fantastic compliance support team will give you confidence that you and your great advice meet all requirements.
We know Kiwis don’t always view life in black and white, so we need you to be someone who understands this, and can adapt your approach to suit your clients’ needs. You’re empathetic, are able to comfortably build rapport with people, and convey potentially complex information and concepts in simple terms.
Your background will show experience in:
* Providing sound financial or insurance advice to clients, ideally holding a New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services version 2
* Guiding people through the advice process; you know the right questions to ask at the right time to gain a clear understanding of the path forward
* Encouraging decision making and action
* Working collaboratively
You’re someone who shares our values of integrity, excellence, and discipline.
We encourage everyone at Haven to bring their whole self when you work, the team here is diverse, and we love it.
Interested to apply? Great!
We have partnered with Kin to find the right people for these important roles; if that’s you, please apply now with your CV and a covering letter outlining your interest in the role. If you’d like to connect for a call before applying, please contact Erina Jamieson on 027 471 0828 or Jamie Edmundson on 022 131 9176.