The New Zealand Shareholders’ Association is the peak advocacy body in New Zealand representing Retail Investors.
As such it maintains relationships with all the institutions forming New Zealand’s capital markets – the FMA, NZX, Listed Companies, MBIE, ACCA – with a view to ensuring the voice of retail investors, who have collectively invested around $50b in the stock market, is continuously heard.
The NZSA has enjoyed considerable growth in numbers and influence since its inception in 2001 and is now looking for a new Chief Executive Officer to lead the next stage of development.
This development will focus on:
- Advocacy – representing members’ interests.
- Proxy representation – presenting the retail investors point of view at AGMs supported by their proxies.
- Membership growth Education – establishing cost effective ways to provide financial literacy.
- Branches - supporting the NZSA Branch network to enhance member benefits.
- Media – developing traditional media and social media platforms.
- NZ Capital Markets – maintaining relationships with key stakeholders e.g. FMA, NZX, public companies and other financial institutions.
It is likely the successful candidate will have a background that highlights the following key competencies:
- Business and investment experience.
- Knowledge of law, regulation and governance as it pertains to the equity and debt markets.
- Effective communication across a wide range of levels (internal, external stakeholders etc).
- Experience working with both paid staff and volunteers.
- Understands how to tackle issues in the markets without unnecessarily burning bridges.
In your application please identify how your skills and experience will deliver the outcomes detailed above. The position will carry remuneration of $100k+. Please see the position description here for more details click here.
Further information on the organisation can be found here
Please direct any enquiries to Leonora Smith, Executive Assistant at email@example.com