- Global financial services organisation in state of the art building on Wellington’s waterfront!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Role can be Wellington or Auckland based
About the role:
As the Assistant Financial Advisor you will work closely with the Financial Advice Manager to provide financial advice, create robust reporting systems, help educate clients and build successful client relationships.
- Provide personalised advice on Mercer Products and Services, under supervision of the Financial Advice Manager
- Help Mercer customers maximise their retirement savings
- Provide administration support and reporting and respond to client queries
- Participate in client meetings and follow up action points
- Respond to customer referrals generated from the wider MMC business
- Assist eEducation sessions for Mercer customers
- Assist with the building and growing of existing portfolio of clients
- Ensure high compliance standards are met and maintained
This role requires a professional customer focused person who enjoys working with people both face to face and by phone and who preferably has some financial advice experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years + Financial Services experience in any or a combination of: KiwiSaver, Banking, Personal Finance, Investments, Financial Planning, Workplace Savings, Superannuation or Administration.
- Strong relationship building skills with confidence to discuss and provide financial advice
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills including being able to manage services standards and deadlines
- Possess or working towards - Unit standards A, B, D of Level 5 - National Certificate in Financial Services (Consideration may be given to a person who does not have these but there will be requirement to undertake these)
This is your chance to be a part of a dynamic and supportive team in a successful organisation while being provided with a range of health, wealth and lifestyle benefits. This role can be in Auckland or Wellington, Mercer supports flexible working arrangements if you are the right person we would consider this role being on a 4 day a week basis.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, APPLY now by sending your resume to Philippa Martin by clicking here!
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialised expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in New Zealand. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record and Bankruptcy check prior to commencement of employment.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.